Curly~n~Natural

Curly~n~Natural

Saturday, December 4, 2010

"Natural Beauty" To Me............


Hello people,

Today my heart is heavy and weighed down by what "Natural Beauty" is to me. Because today's society preach that beauty is everything, we often times get caught up physically, emotionally, and lets not forget, financially in trying to be more beautiful. And even though I absolutely love my hair, my hair isn't my beauty! I feel like listening to India Aire's "I am not my hair"! LoL! So today i just want point out some things that beauty isn't and what beauty is to me! (Please keep in mind that these are my thoughts and feelings only) So lets get started........

What Natural Beauty Is Not.........
1.What color your skin is
2.What kind of clothes you wear
3.What kind of car you drive
4.What kind of home you live in
5.How your hair looks (curly, kinky, straight, or wavy)
6.How much money you make
7.Who your friends are
8.How much you weigh
9.How pointy or snouty your nose is
10.How plump or thin your lips are

Just to name a few................
People fail to realize that you can look "The Bomb.com" on the outside and still be bottom of my shoe ugly! I ain't gone start naming names! LOL! Now...........

What Natural Beauty Is To Me............

Being Naturally beautiful is being a woman or young woman who is.......
1.Precious- Excessively refined and valued for uncommonness
2.Honest and Truthful at all times
3.Reliable and Dependable
4.Useful,Helpful and Serviceable
5.Has a fixed determination, is zealous and ardent about making a difference in her family, community, nation and world. She lives her life dedicated to giving and doing good
6.She is foresighted; She is alert to adopt new strategies and alter the course whenever she sees potential dangers or pitfalls
7.She is careful and preserving in carrying out her tasks and duties quietly and steadily
8.She has temperance
9.She is energized and vigorous
10.She operates in insight and understanding; she is able to discern quickly the truth from lies, and good from evil
11.She work hard at the tasks she endeavors to complete
12.She is economical
13.She is confident and shuns arrogance
14.She is always poised, prepared and ready for action
15.She pays attention to the cares and well being of herself and others
16.She is gracious, kind, and loving
17.She has faith in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
18.She eats right, drinks plenty of water and exercises regularly
19.She cares about her appearance but understands that appearance isn't everything
20.She ain't no punk either! Never being easily deceived or taken advantage of
21.She lives a stress free and drama free life

And I could go on and on! The ultimate "Natural Beauty" to me is the Proverbs 31 woman. Simply Beautiful! (Side Note: If you are not there yet, don't worry! I'm not all the way there yet either but I'm constantly working towards being that woman!)

Natural Beauty radiates from the inside out, not the other way around.Being beautiful is a lifestyle! And because we are naturally beautiful it's only right to pamper that beauty with all natural and organic foods and products. We women must continue to teach our daughters, neices, and other young females what true natural beauty is and that it is Not as seen on TV! Well I must admit I feel much better now that I have got that out! Thanks for your support! God Bless you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment