Curly~n~Natural

Curly~n~Natural

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Why is being "Nappy" such a problem for some women????


Happy Monday ladies,

I pray you all have a blessed and safe week. Ok I live in El Paso, Tx, I've been here for almost a year and I have not seen or met not 1 natural yet. And to make thing worse even though El Paso is predominantly mexican, I live on an army base where I come in contact with many many beautiful women of color, and i have yet to meet a natural. Many people compliment me on my hair everyday, and I always say "Thank You" and then proceed to ask them have they ever considered going natural. And the first thing that comes out of their mouth is "my hair is too nappy to go natural"! I am so tired of hearing that foolishness! So I always respond with I'm happy to be nappy! Nappy is beautiful! And then they get this expression on their face that says "Whateva"! I know it takes a strong and confident woman to go natural and stay natural, and many women just dont have the guts, but when will the time come when being "Nappy" wont be a problem???

I absolutely love all of my sistahs and i just want the wool to be pulled from over thier eyes. I understand the phrase "to eash his own" but chemically relaxing your hair is toxic, and if you want to achieve a straight hair look there are other alternatives such as flat ironing and hot combing. And even too much of that will start to cause damage.

I love being natural! It is one of the best decisions i ever made in my life. Being natural allows my inner disposition to shine far more brighter than my outer appearance could ever be. It allows me to express my individuality and be the unique person that i am. It allows me to be creative and have fun with my hair, while maintaining it's health and growth.
So to all the women out there who has a problem with accepting every kink, coil, and curl that God gave you, i dare you to stand up and have have faith in the fact that God made NO mistakes when he created you! Even the fibers on your head!

Well ladies thank for your support! Enjoy your week and God bless you and yours!

1 comment:

  1. Hello! My name is Asia and I just ran into your blog. I just relocated to El Paso and I was looking for other 'nappturals' to link up with. My e-mail is asiagil@ gmail (dot)com

    ReplyDelete